I have been set the task of visualising the data behind all UK MPs expenses to demonstrate my capabilities in business intelligence.
So a fairly straight forward challenge on the surface. I need to look at the data from IPSA provided at:http://www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk/DataDownloads.aspx The presentation needs to be visually engaging and help provide clarity around the MP expenses data set. I need to answer questions such as:
- which party claims the most
- what are they claiming for etc.
Swhere to start? I need to consider the following
- What tool set will i use and what do I have available to me?
- Do I need additional data to answer the basic questions?
- What else can I demonstrate to add to the ‘wow’ factor of the presentation?